Monday 29 August 2016

A new Pokemon phenomenon - #CrochetGo

For the past couple of weeks I've been busy crocheting something different - pocket monsters, better known as Pokemon!  I was a huge fan when Pokemon came out, I watched the adventures of Ash and Pikachu on the TV show and I even bought a Pikachu backpack.

Now I'm a mum and my kids have seriously become addicted to Pokemon Go, spending every waking minute searching the streets for new Pokemon to catch, looking for Pokestops and battling in gyms around town.

I came across some crochet patterns for Pokemon on Ravelry and learned that a lady called Nichole from Texas, USA, had started something called #CrochetGo.  She was posting free crochet patterns for Pokemon and encouraging people to make them and leave them at Pokestops in their home towns for Pokemon Go players to find.

Each Pokemon had a tag asking the finder to post a photograph on social media with the hashtag #CrochetGo so the maker could keep track of which Pokemon had been found.  I thought it was an excellent idea so I dived into my stash and started crocheting!



I left my Pokemon at Pokestops and game shops in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, UK and I've had some wonderful messages on Twitter from people who have found my gifts.   It's such a rewarding thing to do, especially when you see happy faces of the children who found a real life Pokemon.



 If you want to take part in #Crochet Go check out the following Facebook groups:


Gotta catch 'em all!

No comments: